SCIENTIA: Social Sciences & Humanities (Proceedings of the 1st International Conference of Bunga Bangsa Cirebon (ICOBBA) 2021)
The Sixth Annual Seminar on English Language Studies (ASELS) is organized as a two-day conference agenda themed “Flourishing the Opportunities of Transformative English Language Studies amid The Challenges of New Normal Era”. Fully driven by the students of English Language Studies Postgraduate Program of Universitas Hasanuddin, Makassar, the program brings a new horizon by presenting eight remarkable keynote speakers with their respective expertise, including:
- Willy Ardian Renandya, an expert in English Language education from the National Institute of Education, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore.
- Burhanuddin Arafah, an expert in English Literature studies from Universitas Hasanuddin, Makassar, Indonesia.
- Valentino Pamolango, Ph(Dr.), a researcher of endangered local languages from Tilburg University, the Nether-lands.
- Crayton Walker, an expert in corpus linguistics and grammar studies from University of Birmingham, the United Kingdom.
- Gumawang Jati, an expert in language learning technologies from Institut Teknologi Bandung, Indonesia.
- Rochayah Machali, an expert in translation studies who previously taught in the University of New SouthWales, Sydney as well as an official member of Himpunan Penerjemah Indonesia (HPI).
- Abdul Hakim Yassi, an expert in applied linguistics from Universitas Hasanuddin, Makassar, Indonesia.
- Emma Robberts, an officer of Australian Consulate-General, Makassar who presents the highlights on the Indonesia-Australia potential partnerships.
ASELS21 is directed to present as a manifestation of quality education and contribution to THE society. Up holding the principles of sustainability, services, solidarity (3S), this year’s organization emphasizes the continuation of the academic development agenda through cross-border collaborations, thus can provide the participants with broader insights and inspirations. The two-day conference has specially collaborated with the Association of Muslim Community in ASEAN (AMCA) for the article publications in the forms of international journals and proceedings with Crossref indexing. Additionally, the committee has initiated to manage the organization of the conference by partnering with external students from Universitas Veteran Bangun Nusantara and Universitas Pendidikan Indonesia as liaison officers. With a whole commitment and a whole dedication, the event is targeted to promote sound and fair collaborative efforts to implement the values of humanity through education.